Shares of Kiniksa Pharmaceuticals, Ltd. (NASDAQ:KNSA) closed the trading at a price of $15.49 with the positive/negative change of +3.27%. In the past session approximately 46,762 shares were exchanged against the average daily trading volume of 94,238 shares. The stock touched to the maximum level of $15.95, and it reached the lower level of $14.80 in past session.
Kiniksa Pharmaceuticals, Ltd. (KNSA) recently stated fourth quarter and full-year 2018 financial results and highlighted recent corporate and pipeline activity.
Preclinical Pipeline Activity
- Kiniksa continues its
preclinical activities with KPL-404, a monoclonal antibody inhibitor of the
CD40 co-stimulatory receptor, in T-cell-dependent, B-cell-mediated disorders.
Kiniksa expects to file an IND application with the FDA in the second half of 2019
and initiate a Phase 1 clinical trial in the first half of 2020.
º In January 2019, Kiniksa exercised its exclusive option to acquire all of the outstanding capital stock of Primatope Therapeutics, Inc., the company that owns or controls the intellectual property related to KPL-404. Kiniksa expects to close this transaction in March 2019.
- Kiniksa is evaluating the progression of KPL-045, a monoclonal antibody inhibitor of the CD30 ligand co-stimulatory molecule, pending preclinical data from the program in the context of the company’s portfolio. Kiniksa no longer expects to file an IND application with the FDA in the second half of 2019.
Financial Results and Recent Corporate Activity
- In the first quarter of 2019, Kiniksa completed a public offering, including the exercise of the underwriters’ overallotment option, of 2,816,110 Class A ordinary shares at a public offering price of $18.26 per share. Concurrent with the public offering, Kiniksa sold 2,000,000 Class A1 ordinary shares to certain existing shareholders associated with certain of Kiniksa’s directors at a sale price equal to the price of the public offering. The net proceeds to Kiniksa from these offerings after deducting underwriting discounts, commissions and offering expenses were about $83.0M.
- For the fourth quarter of 2018, Kiniksa stated a net loss of $42.6M, contrast to a net loss of $32.7M for the fourth quarter of 2017.
- For the full-year 2018, Kiniksa stated a net loss of $103.2M, contrast to a net loss of $64.9M for the full-year 2017.
- Total operating expenses for the fourth quarter of 2018 totaled $44.1M contrast to $32.7M for the fourth quarter of 2017. Non-cash share-based compensation expense totaled $2.6M for the fourth quarter of 2018, contrast to $0.3M for the fourth quarter of 2017.
- Total operating expenses for the full-year 2018 totaled $108.2M contrast to $65.4M for the full-year 2017. Non-cash share-based compensation expense totaled $5.7M for the full-year 2018, contrast to $0.9M for the full-year 2017.
- As of December 31, 2018, the company had cash, cash equivalents and short-term investments of $307.3M and no outstanding debt.
Analyst recommendation for this stock stands at 2.00. The volatility in the previous week has experienced by 5.24% and observed of 5.77% in the previous month.86.30% ownership is held by institutional investors while insiders hold ownership of 8.38%.